Tuesday, October 7, 2014

Crocktober...how could I forget...two recipes

      I am frequently called the queen of the crockpot...with six kids it is my best friend after all...and I may possibly be guilty of just buying a brand new crockpot...cause you know you can never have to many :P but with everthing on my plate this month I also forgot it is CROCKTOBER!!!! I have no idea how I forgot that but I plan to rectify that mistake right away. In honor of Crocktober I will be sharing 31 of my favorite crockpot recipes... I already shared one so I am six behind so for the next three days I will be sharing two recipes instead of one :) so let's get started with those awesome crockpot meals :) First off we have one of my personal Favorites.. White chicken Chili.. Because fall and winter and the best time for soups of course :) and to stick with that theme I am also sharing my home style chicken and rice soup :) Enjoy


White Chicken Chili
2 T. olive oil
1 T corn starch
1 medium onion chopped
1 can chopped green chili's, drained
2 cans white beans (drained)
2 t. cumin
2 t. chili powder
1 lb chicken tenders
2 cups chicken stock
1 t. salt
1 t. pepper
Place all ingredients except chicken stock and cornstarch in large freezer bag, toss to coat and freeze.  When ready, place ingredients in slow cooker, add chicken stock and corn starch, cook on low for 4-5 hours.  Remove chicken, shred & return to crockpot.  Serve with warm cornbread. (To make this fresh just take out the freezer instructions and add everything straight to the crockpot) (when making fresh I suggest mixing everything together except the chicken and then placing the chicken and the mixture in the crockpot)

Home style Chicken & Rice Soup
Ingredients:
1 lb. chopped chicken breast
1 bag frozen mixed vegetables (corn, carrots, beans, peas)
4T. butter
1 box chicken stock
1 cup rice( I prefer wild grain brown rice) (add last 20-30 minutes of cooking)
Salt and pepper to taste
Directions:
Add chicken and mixed vegetables and butter to freezer bag and freeze.  When ready to cook, thaw slightly and place in crockpot.  Add the box of chicken stock and cook on low for 4-6 hours.  Add rice last 20-30 minutes of cooking. ( To make this fresh simply add everything straight to the crockpot)

No comments:

Post a Comment