Monday, December 1, 2014

When you have a lot of kids...

There are so many Joys that come with having a big family...
And many things that aren't so joyous...
The biggest one for me on that second list is judgemental people.
I am not one of those moms who doesn't take her brood places by herself. 
I regularly go to Walmart, Costco and Shop with at least 4 and sometimes all 6 kids...
Sometimes with Devon and sometimes by myself.
And I always get the judgemental stares and most commonly the rude comments...
Are you Catholic???
No
Are you Mormon???
again No
Do you know what causes that???
Nah I thought the stork brought them (sarcasm people)
Don't you own a TV???
Umm yes but I don't have sex with my tv
Do you know what birth control is???
Yes and I use it to otherwise my kids would be closer together
Are you trying to get your own TV show?
Hell no I like privacy thank you very much 
Trying to catch up to the Duggars huh?
Again...no 
We aren't going for a Nancy and Devon plus Eleven thing here either people
You have six kids!!!
Gee really Thank you for the update captain obvious 
(no this is not said as a question, it's said as a statement sad but true)
And most popular of all...
My you have your hands full...
Yes and my heart to!!!
Now there is nothing wrong with being Catholic or Mormon, please do not take it that way when I say it's a rude comment. I mean it's rude because people mean it as a insult as in you couldn't possibly want a big family if you aren't one of those "crazy" (by their thoughts not mine) religious people.
As far as the TV, BC, and cause of that...there is no way to not be rude saying those... 
And the final one...
My you have your hands full...
Isn't always necessarily meant to be rude...
Sadly though 87% of the time it is and when you hear it about a million times it starts to just be annoying no matter how it's meant.
So please people if you plan to insult me because you think 
1. I am a slut and they all are by different fathers and I am not with any of them
2. I am a "crazy" (again not my definition) religious person
3. Don't know how to use Birth Control
4. Am living off the government and I view my kids a paycheck...
YOU ARE SO VERY WRONG!!! 
But if you think you have any right to judge me please at least be more creative...
Ask me what position they were created in...
But be warned I will answer you!
So believe me I have WAY more then my fair share of stories involving nasty comments..
People are judgemental and rude
And they don't expect me to have witty comebacks...which I do ;)
because sorry honey but you are not that creative and I have heard it so many time..
But once in a great while I get something different...
and I just can't help but have a better day because of it...
Today was one of those days.
 Today I had a great experience in the store regarding the number of kids I have and it makes me so light hearted and happy. I was standing in line when a older gentleman (60-70) asked Me if all these kiddos were mine. I took a deep breath prepared for the inevitable and said yes they are and I have two more in school...he then asked are you Catholic... I sighed and said no and I'm not Mormon either not that there's anything wrong with either but I just have always wanted a big family. I bit my lip and thought here it comes and then I was taken by surprise, because he said well bless you honey you're my hero. I've been watching you and your kids are so well behaved and polite and you can tell you adore them and I'm retired Air Force and women like you are why men like me went to war in my day and I'm glad to see that the entire world hasn't lost sight of what we fought for. And then I cried and we hugged. And the kids made his day but talking to him and he made their day and mine to...God bless that man for he blessed me with his kind words today and I'm glad to see not all the wise men who know what's worth fighting for are gone 
Because reality is folks, 
I am not crazy.. I am not weird, I am not a slut.
I am a woman who is so in Love with her husband that sometimes I drive to his work in the middle of a day just to get a kiss.
I am a mom who gets 6times more of everything..
More kisses. more cuddles, more I love yous...
Our kids are loved and Spoiled and all around kind hearted amazing kids.
And we support them ourselves emotionally, financially and all other ways.
We buy in bulk and we saved all the clothes from our first two kids and we prioritize and our kids are respectful of what they have. 
The truth is I was just born in the wrong Era.
My Daddy had 6kids and no one thought anything of it in his day,
My grandma had 6 and it was just the norm when she was a mom.
It's not be that's weird it's the times that have changed.
It wasn't cheaper to raise kids then...look at wage and price of living
I promise you it wasn't. 
So please when you see a mom who has a bigger family,
if you can't say something kind.
Then keep your judgemental mouth shut,
I promise you less of us big families are what you think we are then you would believe.
I don't judge you for not wanting kids, 
Or for only wanting one or two...
So don't judge me for my family.
Be kind and spread love. 
The world has to much hate. 

No comments:

Post a Comment