Tuesday, June 16, 2015

The Countdown to School being out

It's almost "Offically" Summer
                Despite the fact that we have been summer like weather for over a month, and by summer like weather I mean 80 plus degree weather it's not summer until school is out.  Two more days until school is out for the summer break. We have a busy week so hopefully the days pass quickly. For my kids I hope they don't pass two quickly. I remember being their age and being excited for summer, while also being sad school was ending. This year is bittersweet for my children, as they won't be returning to Longfellow Elementary next year. 

               Daddy and I have talked and discussed homeschooling the kids to death for the last two years. It's been something my heart was very drawn too. I absolutely love my kids teachers but they are not given the support and funding they need and they are over taxed. There isn't much I can do about this that I haven't already done. We voted for the funding and smaller class sizes.. It passed, and Yet here we are.. teachers still haven't gotten a pay raise, they don't have smaller class size, or extra help in the classroom, or the funding to help our children. We stood by our teachers in their walk out, I completely agreed with them standing up for OUR KIDS. But alas after two years struggling with wether I could do this, or if I'd be biting off more then I could chew.. I sat and I prayed and I thought... Let go and Let God. 

                Homeschooling my children has been something I have been drawn to do and I am finally jumping in to do it. We made the offical decision last week and talked to our kids about it. I explained why I wanted to homeschool them, all the ways it's different then public school, and they were excited. God bless their little hearts, that was one big relief for me. We have started to organize and purging our basement in preperation for having a designated learning space. I have joined some homeschooling groups. I have spent the last couple years bugging all those I knew that homeschooled getting the low down and preparing myself for this. I am not going in with my eyes closed. My nerves are slowing leaving me about this decision as I jump into this new chapter of our life. 

             But alas we are still excited for the countdown to school to end. We have Jaydons tball banquet tonight, and then tomorrow we have to get everything ready for this weekend. Thursday is the last day of school and school get's out at 1:30 and Jaydon has his Shriners appointment at 2:30 and then the boys will be going to Grandpa's for the weekend, I don't know who's more excited, Grandpa or the boys lol. We have Cherry's GS Family BBQ Thursday night. Then the girls and I get to have a mommy/daughter day on Friday, and we kick off the first weekend of Summer with three photo shoots on Saturday as well as a BBQ and a photo Shoot on Sunday and a Family Fathers day Dinner :) We are very excited for all the things we are doing this summer! What is your family looking forward to most this summer? My kids and I made a Summer Bucket list!!! I will be posting it on my next blog post :) Here's to summer 2015!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment