Saturday, September 13, 2014

Crockpot ready tomato basil chicken Recipe (Freezer Meal)

     Oh fall how I love you, the leaves are already starting to change and the cool mornings are my favorite...it means extra snuggles under the warm blanket from the hubby in the morning. Football on the tv, oh yes I love me some football! And all the fall shows are starting, COME ON BONES!!! But with our busy schedules and all those pretty sights to see and shows to watch...who wants to cook! Well I LOVE cooking but I mean I don't have the time when there is so much else to do. Like do leaf printing with the kids ( I will totally blog that when we do it :P). And if I am going to willingly cook, it's going to be baking some yummy goodness. So on those days when I need a quick meal the crockpot is my best friend. And even better than that, a ready made crockpot freezer meal. Just thaw the night before and put in the crockpot and tada. So here is one of my favorites to share with you, I hope your family enjoys it as much as mine does. 

Crockpot Ready Tomato Basil Chicken 

Ingridients-
3-4 chicken breasts depending on size
1 can of diced tomatoes
1 small handful of fresh basil chopped fine
1-2tsp of miced garlic ( we perfer 2 because we like a lot of garlic)
1/2cup chicken stock
1/2tbls olive oil 
salt and pepper to taste

In crockpot add all ingidients together and cook on low for 4-6hrs
Cut up chicken, you can either use cornstarch to thicken the sauce but leave your tomatos whole or immulse it all together to make a smooth tomato sauce. Serve over noodles or rice with garlic bread and a fresh salad or veggie of choice. 

No comments:

Post a Comment