Monday, September 29, 2014

Mack's Birth Story

The Birth Story of 
Mackalister Qynn Benson

On this day four years ago I gave birth to my handsome brown eyed boy,
Mackalister Qynn Benson.

              I'd love for this to be one of those birth stories where it's like, it started out as any other day...but it's not lol. On this day four years ago I was sleep deprived because I had been up all night anxious for my first induction and excited to meet my son. I kept thinking I was going to go into labor with Mack on the 28th because I had gone into labor the day before my scheduled induction with Cherry and Jaydon. But.....I didn't. And I was up all night, tossing and turning and impatiently waiting for it to be time to hold him.

              Finally I climbed out of bed at 4am and started my day, I showered and ate (yes I know I wasn't supposed to, but I didn't throw up so :P) Daddy woke up Cherry and Jaydon and we fed them and bathed them and got them ready for their day. Then we packed up in the car and went to the hospital. Daddy and the kiddos took me up and got me settled in the room and Daddy left with the kids to take Cherry to pre-school and drop Jaydon off with his CiCi. While Daddy dropped her off at pre-school and picked up some snacks for us to have at the hospital I got settled in our room.

              At 7:00am the nurse got the IV in and started the Pitocin. Unfortunately this hospital has some pretty not so fun rules and I didn't find out until after they started the pit. I wasn't allowed to get up and walk around or get in a tub or anything for pain relief. For the first 6hours it wasn't so bad, mostly it was a lot of waiting while they slowly upped the pitocin level. I spent most of the morning bickering at Dev to turn off the sci-fy channel. Mostly because I needed something to occupy my mind. Which is how we ended up with a movie about giant ants on for two hours. We still to this day laugh about the crap we have watched while I was in labor with each of our kids. 

         Unfortunately it has been so long I don't remember how far dilated I was when I came in or how long it took me to dilate until I was 4cm, which is when they broke my water. I do remember by 1pm they broke my water. Thankfully I had a great nurse because not long after I had came in another mom had been admitted in active labor and our nurses only had one warming table. Apparently they (the nurses) bickered back and forth over who's mom would pop first. (Funny story about this will be added at the end ;) ) Well when my nurse checked me and I was at 8cm she went and stole the warming table out of the other room lol. (don't worry the other mommy didn't pop for a couple more hours) She then called my doc who took her sweet time coming to the hospital and prepping for Mack to come.

            Once I had hit 7cm I was about loosing my mind not being able to do anything to manage the pain level, so my nurse told me I could stand next to the bed and she put a pad down on the floor. I then stood up at the edge of the bed. At first I was just rocking side to side to relieve some of the pain. But pretty soon it got to the point that I couldn't focus with just that. Devon came and stood in front of me and I linked my arms up under his arms and around his neck and held on for dear life while he rubbed my back and talked me through each contraction. 

         It wasn't long before I told the nurse to check me again and I was at 9cm the doc came in and was taking her sweet time getting washed and dressed for him to come. I was frustrated because I wanted to push and I told her so and she said go ahead and push because it will take you awhile. Despite me telling her I'm miss two push wonder. So I did and Low and behold...one push and Mack was crowning and she didn't have her gown up her arms let alone tied. The nurse jumped in to catch him at the same time the doc lunged and one more push and our baby boy was here <3 

Mackalister Qynn Benson
7lbs 15.6oz 20.5in
September 29th,2010 at 3:40pm




 2weeks

 1month

6months
 1year
 2years 

 3years



 Happy 4th Birthday Mack Mack
 <3We all love you so much <3



       The funny little side story about Mack's Birth is that when I went back to work at the
portrait studio one of my first Sessions back was a pretty sweet little girl.
Who happened to have the same birthday as my sweet boy.
So of course mama and I got to talking about our birth experiences...
Only to figure out she was the other mama that my nurse stole the warming table from.
So A very Happy Birthday to Mack's Beautiful Birthday Buddy Tabitha Briann
We love and Miss you beautiful girl and when we come visit next summer we will have 
to get a updated photo of you and Mack Mack together <3

             

No comments:

Post a Comment