Saturday, January 4, 2014

Supermom...nah just regular mom

            Okay so I will start this off by saying, I was raised to be humble. I mean no one is prefect, myself included. So when people call me supermom, yeah I just giggle. Honey I am no super mom. I give my kids cereal for Dinner when I am to wore out to cook, I throw clothes and toys in my bedroom so my living room doesn't look like crap when unexpected company shows up. I pin a half a million crafts I want to do and maybe do two. I hate dishes and loathe the little handprints on the white wall..cause lets face it you may think it's cute once but then someone comes over and gives you that look and you cringe or want to smack them. I put my kids in the tub 2 to 3 at a time and let them play until they are wrinkly as a 100yr old monk just so I can do dishes without having them up my butt. I spend way to much time on facebook, although a lot of it is trying to do marketing for my business, but still to much time none the less. I make 90% of the cookie dough without letting the kids help because it's less messy and takes less time. I have a blog I forget about half the time and have no idea why I do it...lol. I procrstinate so long it would make your head spin...my Christmas tree is still up, and it's a real one. My desk looks like a bomb went off. I forget appointments unless I write them on the big calendar on the fridge AND my day planner in my purse, sometimes a alarm reminder on my phone is necessary to. I spend way to much money on unecessary things, probably doesn't make me a bad mom since it's all for my kids though lol. I put my kids to bed some night and holler up the stairs for them to go to bed because I am to tired and sore to sit on the hard uncomfortable floor between their rooms and read a story (okay most nights). I leave all the laundry in a pile on the laundry floor on top of a sleeping bag because I do not want to spend two days organizing and putting it away in the kids room just to have them tear it all out and put it all over the floor where the dog will then lay on it and I will have to wash it again (about 20minutes after I finish)...I sometimes let the kids stay up to late so Daddy can deal with Putting them to bed when he gets home from work lol I love you honey, they really do go to bed better for him though. The Tv is a great babysitter when you have 5million things to do...did you know :P I am guilty of mom goggles and mom pride, yeah your kid is cute but my kids are THE BOMB. I smack butts and do time outs, I yell...oh lord I am my dad lol but that's okay cause my dad was awesome and I respect him and love him so if my kids feel that way about me to when they are okay then I am good. Sometimes I cry for no reason and sometimes I laugh so hard I can't stop. I am a little crazy and a lot nuerotic and not at all prefect. My cakes end up lopsided, my pancakes...let's just say I am glad my hubby has those mastered lol...I do not have any way of sticking to schedules seriously I see it that each kid is different and when they are tired they will go to sleep. BUT when I am overwhelmed and ready to cry I DO NOT CARE if you are NOT tired Go to bed. I let Gracie stay up as long as she isn't cranky but oh and you won't believe this when she throws a fit and refuses to sleep I put her in bed and let her cry and guess what she usually passes out pretty quick. I co-sleep I know.. I know GASP...I let my kids drink soda, NOT ALL the time but you know for b-days and holidays and sometimes just because we are having a picnic in the backyard..I forget to brush their teeth and I don't always bathe them before bed...heck sometimes I don't even put jammies on them...I let them run nakey in the house if no one is coming over and I have had more pee on my floor from my 2yr old then I ever had from a animal (thank god for our steam cleaner) I don't do all the PT or homework with my son I am supposed to cause well he does enough already he needs some down time...but I tell the teachers and doctors I do lol and Sometimes I tell my daughter I don't want to listen to you read right now Cherry (while I am trying to pee) I know horrible mom. Sometimes when I am at the desk Emmit runs up and says picka up mama picka up and I say no o_O I feel bad but there just isn't enough room and he won't leave the keyboard alone. (p.S. he is currently sittin on my lap) I try to rape my hubby when my kids are awake sometimes...now I know he won't do it lol he's a great dad...but to tease him and get to pay for it later that night is worth 10minutes of letting the kids destroy the house, our marriage is important to. I have a million pet peeves and I do not think it is cute when my kids do them..like Cherry talking in a voice that isn't hers...or chewing with her mouth open..like nails on a chalk board I swear... I give my kids Ice cream, and popcorn and cookies and on bdays I don't set a limit to how many slices they can have. I yell at my kids during photo sessions if they don't just sit there and be good so I can get the shot..the older ones because they know better then to look away so that when I get the younger ones looking I can get it..lol thank god for head swap. Sometimes I put on music and let the kids dance and jump for a couple hours so they will go to sleep easier. Oh and worst of all...I love my kids most when they are sleeping :P lol okay I love them all the time but seriously they are about 10times cuter when they sleep lol. I cuss in front of my kids...no seriously I do...I was raised that way and guess what I never once spoke a bad word until I was 15, and my kids don't say them either...except Jaydon..he says damn..lol but only when he gets hurt so I let him lol it's cute and he doesn't use it against anyone or say it at school. And Sometimes I go to the store just so I can have 20minutes to myself :) I am not prefect..I am sure there are a million more things I could name...but please be under no idea that I am SUPERMOM..I am just MOM...sometimes crazy (like a lot) sometimes tired (again a lot lol) Sometimes cranky..never prefect..but also never giving up. I may not always do the best but I always do MY best at any given moment..when I yell I am usually tired and stressed and they haven't been listening for awhile, when I spank it's to teach a lesson because I know it will..and in doing so I will protect them...no you don't run around a car in a parking lot, no you don't stick your finger in a electrical plug..you get the point..So please love me for who I am not who you want to think I am , don't be delusional...I am as messed up and human as the next person ;)
- Yours Truly
The Tired, Crazy, Imperfect 
Mama of the Benson Bunch
#NotSupermom #JusttheirMom

No comments:

Post a Comment